Where Do You Go To Turn Yourself In If There Is A Warrant For Your Arrest?

by robhealey on April 14, 2010

in Warrants

You might not have to turn yourself in. It may be possible to get the warrant set asideĀ  by getting the capias recalled and to proceed with the case. There are two ways to try to do this.

The first, and probably better way, is to find an attorney to speak with the judge or magistrate, explain that you missed the last hearing for some reason, and tell him/her that you are now present and ready to defend against the charges being brought against you.

The second way is to try to do this yourself. If you find what judge your case is before, you can go to his/her courtroom and speak to either a prosecutor or bailiff. You would then try to explain your situation and see if they would be willing to set aside the warrant.

If you hire a lawyer to help, he/she can speak to the judge without you having to be present in the courtroom. If you do it yourself, because you will be the one going in to the courtroom to get things sorted out, there is always the possibility that you could be arrested on the spot.

Whatever you choose, it is usually best to try to get things taken care of as soon as possible. It is much easier to get a week-old warrant set aside than it is to get a year-old one.

Rememberā€¦if you or a loved one has been arrested on a criminal charge in Cincinnati, give our office a call at our 24 Hour Emergency Number at 513 333 0014.